Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Finally a Chartered Accountant!

After 2.5 years of post graduate study and one of the last members of the 2009 KPMG Graduate intake, I am now a Chartered Accountant!
Yesterday I got my results for EBA, the last module of 5 and I've passed!!

I want to take this opportunity to thank my parents for putting me into a private school and spending so much money and time towards my education. I didn't ever think I would be an Accountant, let alone a CA. Today, I feel like I have truely made them proud. The hours they have spent carting me to tuition, staying up all night just so that I have company during study leave and assignments (esp. my Ammachi), nagging me to get back to studying when I procrastinate on Facebook and the TV (because not like the exam is going to be based on The Hills, Tamil movies and people's status updates!), the support and encouragement - I think they all contributed to 50% of my efforts. Without them I would not have achieved this.

To my husband: thanks for putting your life on hold for me to catch up da. So many weekends have gone by where I would be MIA with my CA buddy (Kachiri Joel) and although at some points I felt as if I had more of a relationship with her and my CLP, you still made me enjoy the little things that mattered and stopped me from going insane. Like you said, the wedding, our marriage, moving overseas and the ups and downs in life has not stopped me from accomplishing this - I am truely blessed to have you in my life. I hope now I can be a better wifey and start planning our little family and everything ahead of us!

To all my friends: especially Khaz and Rajib. Thanks guys for putting up with my silly questions, constant explaining and re-explaining, crunch time during assignments and allowing me to invade your personal lives so much to tell your partners to move over during study week!

Finally to myself: I am still in awe of myself. To some of you reading this, you might be asking what a CA is (please go read http://countdown.urandom.info/ - that guy has got it so right!!) and whether its a big deal..my perserverance, dedication and insane study pattern has all paid off! Now, where's that pay rise!!?

C's get degrees
Signing off as Shyamala, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment