Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

I'm welcoming myself to the World of Blogging

So, the day has finally come where I think its a good time to start blogging. I have no idea what this blog will entail, nor what my first official blog after this one will be about, but I guess I want to be on the other side of the fence (where there grass looks greener) and share my stories and experiences with people who stumble across my page. I enjoy reading other peoples blogs, but I am curious what it is like when I put myself out there (not completely) and wait for the world to respond. Imagine if I become the next biggest thing!!

As I write this, I am thinking to myself what it is that will keep motivating me to post things. In all honesty, I am not passionate about anything aside from my family. If I spent as much time and effort on other things as I do on them, I don't think that I would have time for myself. So maybe that is the reason for this page: this site is for ME. It doesn't bother me that noone else may/will regularly visit my page, apart from my loving husband, Dineish. But I'd rather try it out and see how long I last for, and of course, it'll be a bonus if I have some followers (although thats wishful thinking right now).

Things to blog about
  • I have a vague idea and right now I have been going through a phase of purchasing make up and trying it out. I don't really take photos of myself and put them up anywhere, because I don't consider myself a pro. I flaunt it off to Dineish and if he loves it I wear it out a couple of times until I can be bothered to try something new. Maybe when something looks really good, I will put it up (you can rate me!). Otherwise, I will try and religiously upload reviews on products.
  • Having recently moved to Singapore, I have been taken out of the east-mets-west upbringing I was raised in and away from family and friends. Its been 6 months and the culture shock hasn't died down. Everyday I come home from work and have little stories to tell my husband, so I can entertain you with those too. Although, I have to say they sound better when you watch me in action (I can get pretty animated at times).
  • Being in Singapore, we are located in the heart of Asia and the gateway to cheap getaways, so watch this space for travel stories (Kumban & Kumbi's adventures around the world!!).
  • Surely, I will post other random but worthy things too.
All these years, I have focused my time and energy on studying and working to become a Chartered Accountant and of course being a good little Lankan girl (I still don't know which was harder to achieve). I have finally sat my last exam (results pending) and feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. So, I'm thinking I should try something and stick to it. It's never too late to try, right!!?

Anyway, dont want to burn myself out in the first post. Good luck to me and hopefully I haven't put you to sleep already ;)
xS
PS Monkey, I think you are my motivation for doing this. You are so good at doing things you enjoy and sticking to it. This is going to be our little story, I'm so glad that I met you, mwa!

1 comment:

  1. Hello and welcome to the world of blogging babe. Besides being able to look very busy at work, blogging also helps you share experiences with many others who are interested in travelling, expat life in Singapore, make up and everything else you wish to blog about. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete