Pages

Friday 15 June 2012

Nike Training Club app for iPhone

I first heard about the app when watching makeup videos on YT, when I came across cityandmakeup rave about how much she loved the Nike Training Club app for the iPhone/iPad.

I'm not a gym person and can't keep up with Dineish when he runs, so when I downloaded this app (500MB) I didn't have high expectations. I thought it was going to be another phase that I would soon get, however 3 weeks on and over 9 sessions later I am motivated to get changed into my gear and run down stairs to the gym for my workouts! (I have even managed to convince one of the girls at work to try it out and she loves it too!! We share our morning after pain stories and a proud of it).

NTC is a self motivating app that gives you your very own personal trainer - anywhere, anytime. It is a lifestyle changing and fitness app, that helps you lean, toned and strong with over 85 individual programs. As you progress with time and fitness levels, you can unlock special programs/tips used by the pros themselves. I have always loved Nike and have a few of their sporting gear, finally this app has put all them to justice!

The app has many 30-minute workouts, for all skill levels, and has broken them down further into high intensity intervals to push your limits. If you don't know what a routine is, not only does the app have really clear photos of the trainers and instructions on how to do the routine, but also video recordings of every single move to guide you along. This was good for me because there were a few routines I didn't have clue about and can be used as a quick reference in the middle of my workout.

Based on your skill set, pick a routine, set it to music you choose from you library and off you go. There are timed intervals where the beeps and photos will prompt you to move straight into the next move. You can pause and end workout when you have had enough and the time is recorded against your total.

Home screen tracking progess - show workout type - select level

Select program - 30 min breakdown by routine - start program - photo of moves (watch video using camera button)

I have used the app for 3 weeks no, 3 times a week after work and in the weekends. If you don't have a gym, it is perfect for working out at home and a yoga mat (add weights and other things as you progress along). I wish I found this app earlier and am keen to take it while travelling. 
But in the mean time I am going to keep up with my routine and tone certain areas of my body that have been neglected :P (To date I have maintained a stable weight and toned my buttocks, arms and calves - keen to start on the abs and back area).

Oh yeah and did I mention it’s free!!! Cheers Nike ;)
xS

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Do you find that your stamina/endurance has improved? My friends talk about the app heaps, but don't know if its for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Yes I find that it does :) Initially when I started, I couldn't do more than a 15 min session because it was full on for me...but now I am doing 25-30 mins every time and continue a routine without stopping :)
    I am breathing heaps better and willing to push myself further! Give it a try and you will see for yourself.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just letting you know that the app isn't catered differently for guys and girls. If you're a guy, the trainer doesn't change to a male because of your iPhone settings (which is what I thought initially).
    BUT the exercises are not specifically designed for females and anyone can try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a Great app. specially if you are like me who get to gym does half hour run and then don't know what to do. Yes its made for female but guys can do the same exercise :). Nike Boom is another app guys can use similar fixtures as this app.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you iRonak and glad that you think the same :) Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete