Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2012

TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo review


Hi guys, for the first time I am going to do a review that is on one of my not so favorite products. I think it is equally important to rave about something that doesn’t work as it is for something that does. If I had known, I wouldn’t have bought them! (Remember these are my personal experiences, and something I dislike may be something you love).

I have been styling my hair a fair bit recently, and unless I haven't been looking hard enough, I personally think that Singapore doesn't offer many dry shampoos and heat protectants simply because there isn't a market for it. I have searched all over the island for products that gurus rave about, only to find that most of the brands aren't stocked here.

So I tried out whatever I could get my hands on because all the years of neglect are catching up with me :(

TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for oily/straight to normal hair

This product, like all dry shampoos, promises to give you a clean head of hair without a drop of water for the next day or two. So when you notice any hint of oiliness to your hair, you spray the product at the roots of your hair, comb it out and apparently you are oil and odor free in an instant!
Dry shampoos have been out for a while, but I’m new to it and the trend is catching on. From the reviews I have read many products out there still give dark hair a greyish tint and take a while to completely brush out, so it was only fair to assume the same for TRESemmé’s dry shampoo. I bought it from Guardian pharmacy in Paya Lebar for SDG$13, although it isn’t expensive it’s not free either!
Packaging (161g) - Nozzle
I have used it over the last 2 weeks in the mornings on 2nd and 3rd day hair before heading out to work. Per the instructions, I shake vigorously and spray a fair distance from my roots and wait 1-2 minutes before combing out. 
Unfortunately in the mirror I noticed:
·         flat,
·         lifeless,
·         greyish,
·         greasy hair.
·         FAIL!!!!

It looked worse than before I used it! It looked really greasy as though I hadn’t washed my hair for 4-5 days, ewwwww!! Although the odor was gone and replaced with a pleasant smell, it didn’t look nice at all. Almost looked like the cheap costuming techniques we used back in primary to get that grey haired-granny look :|
Before applying dry shampoo (right side of photo there are the oily strands) - sprayed shampoo - after 2 mins and massaged into hair (its flat, greasy and grey)
Eventually through out the day, the product settled but slight greasiness was there and my hair looked flat with a tint of grey. Maybe this product isn’t so good on black hair?!
I cannot see any positive use for this product and will not be repurchasing. Of the hair products I have tried, this is the worst. So if you’re looking for a good dry shampoo, unfortunately I personally wouldn't recommend TRESemmé's dry shampoo – maybe you’ll end up disappointed.
(Can’t wait to get my hands on Batiste…people tell me it’s in Singapore, but I can’t find it).

I hope this helps you guys in your search and please share your thoughts with me!
xS

No comments:

Post a Comment