Pages

Saturday 30 June 2012

Kate Spade unbagging

They are currently holding the Annual Reebonz sale (conveniently located at my work building), where they are selling everything designer up to 80% off. The entire floor is open to the public and its flooding with ladies trying to get their hands on the best deals.

I was on my hunt for a hand bag, a treat for myself having completed my CA. The sale runs for 3 days (28th - 30th June) annually and is famous under the Great Singapore Sales, kinda like the EOFY Sales in Australia.
I had a look around on day 1 and having gone in late (around 4:30) many designs had gone, the waiting lines were too long or bags were way beyond my budget.
I went back on day 2 knowing they had replenished the stock around morning tea when it was still hectic, but bearable.I found the Kate Spade Bow Bridge Helena hand bag quite early on and walked around with it while I was browsing for almost 2 hrs (my manager new I was busting to go and in fact told me to go :) ). I didn't want to let it go because already several ladies came up to me asking where I picked it up. It currently retails for SGD$1,050 and had a 45% discount as it was an American label + 5% if I used my Mastercard. A couple of the ladies (aunties :P ) from work found me while I was styling my fave bags in front of a mirror and told me which they liked the best. They have good taste! We walked around for a bit looking at what each other picked up. At the end, we all picked up something (some having come back for more on day 2!!) and when we paid together they gave us another $100 off on the bill because we gave a newspaper artical that entitled $100 off on a sale > $1000.
After all that, my bag was $569 and I love it. It's still bigger than I hoped but very elegant and SO ME!! I know I'll be back next year and pick up some more :)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your
    weblog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing on your feed and I'm hoping you write again soon!
    Stop by my website - Buy Sildenafil Citrate

    ReplyDelete