Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Skindinavia review

I thought I would finally try a makeup setting spray just to complete my makeup routine and have it last all day. I hate coming home and realising in the lift that I look tired and puffy for Dineish. Although he has seen me worse, I like to look my best for him ;)
I have been deciding for a long time whether to purchase Urban Decay's  De Slick and Scindinavia, but when Gossmakeupartist, on YT, mentioned they are made by the same company (Skindinavia) I thought I would just give the pro's a try (besides UD spray is expensive in Sephora Singapore anyway).
I placed an order online, www.skindinavia.com, on the 16th May and exactly 2 weeks later received my parcel. It was very prompt (earlier than I expected according to their terms (3 weeks) and quicker than other online shopping I have done with overseas companies). Customer services was great answering my questions and as you will see in my photos, the packaging was done well for these liquid items.
I paid USD49.50 (inc. shipping to Singapore) for the large 8oz bottle of No More Shine (especially formulated for oily shine) and also got a complementary 20ml setting spray.

The two bottles I got (back: 8oz No More Shine, front: 20ml original setting spray)

Instructions
  1. Apply your makeup as you would
  2. Shake the bottle well
  3. Spray about 20cm from the face in an 'X' motion and then a 'T' motion to cover the T-zone (in all about 3-4 times). That is all!
The solution
The spray has a very light and pleasent scent, that can easily go unnoticed for those of you who don't like fragrances. It is not greasy and does NOT tighten your face when spray to activate its formula. The product is oil-free, not tested on animals and dermatologist tested for those who are interested and have sensitive skin. Does NOT cause breakouts for me.
I have used it all week to work in the hot Singapore weather, walking to and from the station with my makeup on (obviously) and found that everything has stayed in place and I don't look oily. There is a shine to the face, but it gives me a natural dewy finish that I am very comfortable in. The makeup, eyeshadow, blush, everything just stayed all day.
Even the blotting papers at my work desk have not been used as much (only once)!! That tells you how well this product is working, because normally before lunch I use a paper, after lunch and when I come home I look like I just came back from a workout! The change is unbelieveable and it's all thanks to this spray! No More Shine hands down!!

Clockwise: parcel from the US - packing slip & instructions - bottles - packaging inside (no chance to damage) - stuffed paper to keep everything in place

Verdict
No More Shine did a great job of not only controlling shine and reducing the oil from my face but held my makeup in place for a long time. It is claimed to last 16 hours, I have not tried it for that long, but leaving home and coming back 12 hours later, I notice no change, if not marginal.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a quality setting spray and is definately be repurchasing this again :)

Would love to hear what you guys use and thoughts on this product for those who do already!
(leave a comment below please).

Hope this helped someone,
xS

Update as at 21/09/2012: for optimum results spray before applying any makeup and instead of a primer and let it set for 3-5 mins. I find that my makeup holds longer and reduces shine because the makeup is on a shine resistant base, rather than getting shining and trying to break through the setting spray - kinda like double protection ;)

4 comments:

  1. Is it good to plaster makeup on your face like that? Won't it gradually damage your skin because you're basically glueing make up on your face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Using any type of make up or chemicals is not really good for your skin. But being a female, I think its something I want/need to do to look nice :)
    I can't stress enough to you how important it is to make sure you wash your face every night before going to bed and getting rid of all the products you apply during the day and allow your skin to breathe :)
    I really try and make an effort to keep my skin healthy and don't wear/cake on a lot of makeup during the day, unless I am going out to a special occasion.
    Having recently bought the setting spray, I am waiting to see the long term effects of it, but from the research I did before buying it I found that Skindinavia is:
    •Hypoallergenic
    •Paraben free
    •Sulfate free
    •Oil Free
    •Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
    •Colorfast tested (won't stain clothing)
    •Not tested on animals
    •Vegan
    I can't feel the spray on my skin because its so light and there are no tightening afterwards :)
    I hope this helps you. Are you considering buying?
    Good luck
    xS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, do you get any break outs from using the spray? Nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't, yay! :)
    must depend on your skin type and sensitivity...

    ReplyDelete